Who would have ever thought the Saints would win the Superbowl!! I for one never really expected it and I would guess my parents generation never ever thought they would see the day. It has been fun to follow the Saints this year and to get excited about the team. After our close win against the Vickings, it was only natural to host a superbowl party. We invited our sweet friends in our supper club, along with Uncle B and had a great time. Since it was the Saints, I figured we needed some Louisiana cuisine.....Jambalaya and King Cake. The crowd said it was great (with Brian being my biggest critic...) and for an easy, somewhat healthy King Cake check out Holly Clegg's King Cake recipe (thanks Virginia for the recommendation and counsel). So with our Fleur de Lis flag flying outside, our great who dat gear (compliments of Matthew's mom), and a great menu, we were sure to win right? As I was in the nursery putting Mary Stewart to sleep we heard a very loud commotion, we looked at each other and new the Saints had done something good! I later found out it was the play where we intercepted the ball to make the touchdown.
It was a fantastic night with dear friends and one I know it's one we won't quickly forget!!
Did I mention what a cutie Drew Brees little boy is???? I think Mary Stewart may have a chance!
Oh when the Saints go marching in, oh when the Saints go marching in, oh how I want to be in that number, oh......
Your blog is so cute! It'll be great to keep up with yall this way :) MS is adorable and already growing up so quickly!! I love the Saints gear! Much love, Fleur
ReplyDeleteAshley, we love reading your sweet blog! It makes me feel like y'all aren't so far away. Mary Stewart is too cute for words! Emma Kate really wants to be her friend :)
ReplyDeleteIs the picture of MS when Peyton through the pic-6?
ReplyDelete