Friday, February 5, 2010

can we say cereal?

Today was a first for Mary Stewart.....her first solid food. Semi solid really. Rice cereal! I had to taste it and it was really quite bland. Mary Stewart didn't seem to mind. To be honest I was nervous about her "first feeding". Like any first with Mary Stewart, I do my research. A good friend of mine gave the book Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron and I highly recommend it to all of you mom's or mom's to be. It's a very comprehensive guide to feeding your baby, making your own food, and my favorite a chart broken down by months and which foods to feed when. Anyways, I was glad Matthew was home to get our meal on tape. In general Mary Stewart is a very content child with a sweet calm personality. So like anything else, she took her rice cereal in stride. She didn't force the spoon out, just seemed more curious about it than anything. Tomorrow we will have some more rice cereal and hope that it will be as pleasant an experience.

Oh and for those of you interested, I used the brand Earths Best Rice Cereal (it's organic) and for those of you who are sentimental such as myself, I fed her with my baby spoon!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful the way you research and read articles preparing you for each new stage of Mary Stewart’s life! Mary Stewart seems to really be enjoying her cereal!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, this is an awesome idea, and a great picture of MS! I hope you can keep it up.
    However, I don't like the music. I have my own (as I am sure you would expect)

    ReplyDelete