Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Baby


Snomageden as it has been referred to, finally reached Marietta this afternoon. The snow is absolutely beautiful! A great perk to living in Georgia is we usually get one good snow a year. By good I mean enough snow to make a snowman and to give children a thrilling afternoon, but it doesn't last too long where the negatives of the snow outweigh the positives. We have had a few flurries this year, but this is the first "big snow" of the season. Of course Mary Stewart was dying to get outside (ok so I was dying to get her outside in the snow). She seemed to enjoy the snow, more than I can say for Annie & Maggie (the labs that dwell in the basement) they sniffed the fluffy white powder and decided to get back inside!

Normally I am thrilled at snow and don't mind be cooped inside with my hot coffee, but this weekend is different. We are celebrating the baptism of Mary Stewart. Matthew's grandparents, aunt & uncle, brother & fiance & mom are already in North Georgia at Camp Donald (future blog on Camp D) but we are praying that my dad, sister & brother in law, father in law & sister in law & mom will be able to make it despite road conditions as most of them are traveling from Louisiana. Yes we are blessed to have so many who want to be a part of this baby's life. So I'm praying for God's sweet kindness to bring our family all together for this special celebration. For now, Mary Stewart in her bouncy and I on the stool are gazing at the beautiful wonder of snow!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to hear about the baptism and see pics too! i really regret not getting perry out in our snow...i just didn't want to get all bundled up.

    ReplyDelete