Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Birthdays are always a great time to reflect on a person. I love birthdays! It's a day to truly celebrate a person's life (& to be treated like a queen or king....still trying to convince the husband of this). Today is my father's birthday. He has seen JFK shot, integration, several wars,the rock & roll era (which he enjoyed), the raising of two daughters, the passing of two parents, and oh yeah the Saints winning a Super bowl! We as a younger generation have a lot to learn from the generation ahead of us. On this day I celebrate a man who has an incredible work ethic. One who I wanted the man I married to emulate (& I have been blessed with a husband who does). A man who wanted his children to have opportunities galore in their life. Since having Mary Stewart, I have had a glimpse of desiring great things for my child. This is something I have always seen in my dad. So I thank my dad for the great desire he had to want to better his children & grant them new experiences ( a lesson I am confident he learned from his father)....We celebrate you dad, the maker of super dad toast (secret family recipe), corny jokes, and lover of raw oysters! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Well written and fun to read Ashley. Happy Birthday Mr. Barney~

    ReplyDelete