Mary Stewart is a creature of habit (I wonder where she gets it from). Her morning routine goes something like this:
She wakes up and loves being in her bed with her lovies & her pie (pacifier which she only gets when she is in her bed, so more of a reason for her to LOVE her bed). Eventually she will call out to me or I will go on in so we can get the day started.
"Good Morning Mary Stewart" I say, "Hey Mommy" she says. The she looks towards to the door & says "Hi puppy" as Maggie looks in (Maggie isn't allowed in her room). I open her blinds and proceed to ask her about her sweet dreams as I change her diaper. She usually picks out a stuffed animal or doll while I am doing this. As soon as we hit the hallway it "Randi, Randi" (pronounced dan-dee). Today is very sad. Randi isn't here. She has gone home. I really don't know who is going to be more heartbroken me or Mary Stewart (& let's not pretend how Matthew adores his baby sister).
The other day as I was feeding Anna Caroline in the nursery, I was looking around and noticed Randi's clothes, computer, etc. I started to weep (big surprise I know).
I knew I was getting the better end of the deal when Randi came to stay with us for the summer while doing an internship. What I didn't know is how much she would bless me and my family.
My sister said it best when she was visiting in June. She said, "You can just look and tell how much she loves Mary Stewart." I saw such a sweet servant heart this summer. I am weeping now........Thank You Randi for walking me through the summer.
So now I am plotting even harder to get Randi in Atlanta next summer after graduation. I am pretty sure a piece of my heart and Mary Stewart's will be missing until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment