Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley Donald!


No, No, it's not my birthday, it's Ashley Donald's birthday! Yes there are two of us! What are the odds of two brothers marrying Ashley's? Matthew's younger brother Nathan married a sweet girl Ashley about 3 and half years ago. We are often referred to as "nathanashley" or "matthewashley" all in one word. So Wednesday was Ashley's birthday, and due to our travels, I am running a few days late.
Ashley has such a sweet heart. It seems there is always a gift for Mary Stewart when Ashley is around! I find that Ashley can be such a "worker bee." When given a job, she is going to see it through. Odds are though you won't see Ashley per say. She is a behind the scenes kinda girl! I am jealous of her scrapbooking tools and talents! If only we lived closer so she could impart some of her skill on me!
I am thankful that Ashley is a part of our family. When Nathan was about 10 years old he was diagnosed with RP (link over & read about it as defined by wikipedia), an eye disease. RP is degenerative disease and no one quite knows how it will play out for Nathan (however the Lord has been so kind and gracious and we continue to pray). I have been so encouraged at Ashley's love and care for Nathan and her commitment to him and especially their future. I know I have already started praying for Mary Stewart's mate, and it is no coincidence that God joined Ashley & Nathan! Thank you Ashley for your love for Nathan! I am so glad I have you to share my name with!!!
Happy Birthday!

Ashley, Rachel, Randi, & Me!

Ashley & Nathan with Sweet Mary Stewart!

No comments:

Post a Comment