Sunday, June 13, 2010

Couponing

Couponing. It's our new hobby, as lame as it sounds. This all started a few weeks ago when our friend Chris, told Matthew about this amazing deal on Old Spice body wash & deodorant. Next thing I knew, Chris is delivering 4 body washes and 4 deodorant for $4. I started to get the bug. Chris walked me through the steps (double coupons, stacking coupons, buy 1 get 1 free, etc), and though I am still very much a baby couponer, it's so much fun.
I have to admit I was a little surprised at how into couponing Matthew is. But then again it involves saving money, and he is such a competitor. Couponing really is just one big game. Where and how can I save the most money?
For the past two Sunday's we wait until Mary Stewart is taking her afternoon nap, and then it's through the newspaper. We have set up a system, and it seems to be working for us. I have to laugh because the past two Sunday's, Matt's sister Randi has been here. I am sure she is thinking, "Boy I hope I don't turn out like them!"
I think the thing I like the most about couponing is that I feel like my pantry is full. Though my monthly grocery bill hasn't really changed, I have so much more to show for it.
Today our big thrill was CVS (this is Matthew's favorite, & the store he is in charge of). We walked out with 6 air freshners (he is such a sucker for things that smell good), a new razor, 2 colgate clinical toothpastes, 5 body washes & a deodorant, & 2 big bags of sour patch kids (I couldn't resist) for $9. The best part is to look at the receipt and it says I saved $46.
So maybe our new hobby really isn't so lame!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally there with you, but I will say I haven't had as much time to do it now that Emalyn is here too. Have you seen the site www.southernsavers.com? It is my favorite and my go to for grocery shopping. Hope yall are doing well, love getting to read how yall are doing. I got your message...sorry I haven't called back. But do not worry about getting stains on the bubble...that's what bleach pens are for!

    ReplyDelete