Sunday, June 20, 2010

A First

Today was a first in our house. It was Matthew's first Father's Day. I love sweet days like today (even if hallmark just made them up) to honor the father's in our lives.

My dad used to have this picture hanging in the bathroom ( I think I may have actually given in to him on a Father's Day when I was a wee one) with a saying about Father's & Daddy's. I am thankful that Mary Stewart will know the unconditional love of her father. A father who will protect her and provide for her. Even now she gets so giddy when she sees her daddy! There is something fun and playful about a daddy and something even more precious about a daddy and his little girl.

I am thankful for my daddy today and my father in law. Two great men, with so much to give.

While thinking about Father's, I am thankful for my Father in heaven. Thankful that he would adopt me and share His inheritance with me. How wonderful for me to have been blessed with a great earthly Father and I look forward to Mary Stewart's days with Matthew, but my hope is that Mary Stewart will know her Heavenly Father too.




We celebrated today by going to church and then to lunch. Randi and her friend Hannah joined us. We had a quiet afternoon and then took our Annie (yellow dog) to the emergency vet. Annie is at home and fine. We think she had a seizure. All in all a pretty eventful end to a first Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment