Friday, May 7, 2010

Prayer

For Christmas I asked for Streams in the Desert an incredible devotional and since sweet Rachel had my name, she blessed me with it.
This morning as I was reading, I was struck with how much this devotional resonated with me. At once I pulled out the computer to share with you all, but the Internet was down. Here it is 7 pm on Friday, after a long week, and it is still on my heart (saying a lot since I feel like nothing stays with me anymore).
Here are some excerpts & I hope you will receive some of the blessing that I did.

" The failure to persevere is the most common problem in praying and intercession. People often ask, ' How long should I pray?' The only answer is this: Pray until what you pray for has been accomplished or until you have complete assurance in your heart that it will be. For prayer not only is calling upon God but is also a battle with Satan. And because God uses our intercession as a mighty weapon of victory in the conflict. Therefore we dare not stop praying until either the answer itself has come or we receive assurance it will come.
As we live a life of prayer, we will more and more come to experience and recognize this God-given assurance. We will know when to quietly rest in it or when to continue praying continue until we receive His answer.
Wait as God's promise until He meets you there, for He always returns by the path of His promises"

Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:1

1 comment:

  1. a friend told me about that book a while back...thanks for reminding me of it. i think i should order it now :-)

    ReplyDelete