Wednesday, May 26, 2010

baby goes to the beach......


Last week we had the joy of going to Pawley's Island, South Carolina. It is about half way between Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Matthew had business during the week so Mary Stewart & I kept ourselves busy (thanks to my friend Erin & her recommendations) shopping, going for our walks and pool time of course! We stayed on through the weekend so we could have some family time together. It was such a great weekend.
On a side note, Pawley's Island is a great family spot. It is not commercialized and seems very family oriented.
I have been so excited at the thought of Mary Stewart with her toes in the sand. The beach beckons to me, it's in my blood. I love it. Then there is Matthew. His idea of a good beach trip is laying on the couch reading a John Grisham book. The fair skin and sun just don't mix well. Well I have to say he was such a trooper and just as excited as I was. He even bought Mary Stewart some sunglasses the day before! Mary Stewart didn't know what quite to think of the sand at first, but then did as all good babies do, and tasted it.
She liked it!
The water was a little cold for me, but that didn't stop her and Matthew. She loved the waves and didn't mind getting wet at all! Matthew even granted us some time to lay in the sun (Mary Stewart was quite entranced with eating the sand and Matthew quite determined not to let her....I already see the power play here). What a sweet day full of memories!!!

There is but one tragedy with this trip. For some reason my computer won't upload the super precious pics of Matthew and Mary Stewart in the waves, Mary Stewart with her glasses and hat, and her toes in the water. I have a call into my IT guy (Matt) so hopefully I can update with the really cute pictures.

1 comment:

  1. oh, this is such a great post! i was laughing out loud at the part about matt's idea of a good beach trip. we will have a good "redhead" group on our fab 4 and fam beach trip...matthew, phelps, perry, ?ella, ?mary stewart, and me :-) love these pics, but hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete