Monday, September 24, 2012

All Who Are Thirsty

Yesterday at church we sang a short little song and it was just exactly what I've been feeling, longing for, and knowing.
Last week it dawned on me.  I am weary.  Weary for many reasons.  Two small active children.  A child who has needed lots of discipline and attention lately.  Weary trying to do it all: bible study, exercise, keeping a house.  Weary because of grieving. Weary because of the sin that rears it's ugly head.  However though I'm weary I cling to the truth that the Lord will give me the rest I need; true rest in Him.
Lately it seems everyone I am close to is carrying a burden, and even those I am not.  It is real.
Hope these words will find comfort with you too.

"All who are thirsty, all who are weak,
Come to the fountain; dip your heart in the stream of life.
Let the pain and the sorrow be washed away
In the waves of his mercy, 
As deep cries out to deep, we sing:
Come, Lord Jesus, come.
Come, Lord Jesus, come.

Holy Spirit, come.
Holy Spirit, come."



I promise cute pics from the beach soon, and somebody has a birthday around the corner......



No comments:

Post a Comment