It's scary just how crazy fast the time goes. On Thursday Anna Caroline turned 6 months. In one breath it's hard to believe we are already here and in the other breath it seems like she's always been a part of our family. At one time I wondered if I would ever be able to love the 2nd as much as I loved the first. Somehow God allows your heart to expand and grow. Anna Caroline has captivated my heart. I am still amazed at what a content child she is. She fusses when she's tired and when she's tired! Truly she is the sweetest disposition.
Six months was maybe a bigger mile stone of me than Anna Caroline. I'll spare you all the messy details but a little shy of 3 months, Anna Caroline went on a nursing strike. I have been pumping 5 to 6 times a day for the past 3 months. After talking to my pediatrician the goal was 6 months and anything else was lagniappe. Well we've made it! Looking back it really hasn't been that bad. Yet again, I look back and see where the Lord met me and gave me the endurance. Not sure how many more days of pumping are in my future, but there is a stock pile in the freezer and I know we will be fine going forward.
Now for the fun stuff Anna Caroline is doing......
* She has begun to sleep 12 (+) hours at night!
* She loves sucking on her toes.
* She can put in and take out her pacifier all by herself.
* She rolls from front to back and back to front with no problem.
* She is definitely scooting around.
*She is eating rice cereal, banana's and apples.
* She is a much better napper than her sister, thankful for that!!!
I don't want to forget the way the takes her bed time bottle. We snuggle together and as the falls asleep she takes her left arm and crosses it over her eyes. Precious.
I swear she gave me a hug and kiss the other night. As I was rocking her before I put her down, I always pull her face close to mine and kiss her cheek. When I stood up, she pulled my face towards her and gave me a big open mouth kiss (the best kind from a baby). I am counting it as a kiss & hug.
So thankful for baby Ann Caroline.
(Anna Caroline LOVES to be on her tummy. She has great core strength. Maybe a future Pilates instructor?)

PS- We don't go for our check up for a couple of weeks, My guess is she's around 15 pounds. This is what Mary Stewart was doing at 6 months: http://ashleydonald.blogspot.com/2010/04/half-way-there.html
No comments:
Post a Comment