Recently my mom asked me if I realized how often I used the word sweet. I thought about it and then she reminded gave me some examples about how sweet is all over this here blog! However I can't think of another word/ adjective to describe this season of life with Mary Stewart. So bear with me as I savor the sweetness of an 18 month old! Just tonight Matthew said, " I can't believe she is a year and half. That sounds so old!"
The last few weeks have been delightful. This is such a fun age. Her vocabulary is expanding and I love watching her get tickled. It is so neat to watch her make connections and put things together. Her new word is "Choo Choo" as she says it whenever we hear the train pass by. The other day we were on the square & I heard it coming so I took her to watch the train pass & it was so fun to see her get so delighted as she finally saw the "Choo Choo" she has been hearing. Several people have commented on how she is so active! Mary Stewart is either non stop, or sleeping...... that is the Donald in her! I hate to say that it seems she is pretty fearless. Mary Stewart doesn't think twice about climbing, sliding, or running despite the height or distance!
It also continues to amaze me how well she can understand simple commands. She loves the bath and I am excited to see her this summer in the pool. Curious George continues to amaze her. There is something about that cute little monkey. "George" is one of the words she is saying these days. Lately she has become very affectionate giving lots of love to her favorite dog, Maggie. Mary Stewart loves to give kisses and hugs to all and it is the sweetest thing. I am so thankful for the loving personality and the sweet nature the Lord has blessed Mary Stewart with. I pray that she will continue to grow in these traits and that we will nurture her in these areas. I look forward to seeing her love on her little sister in the months to come.
It is so hard to get a picture of her these days as she is constantly moving, but her daddy tried and we got a few!
She is constantly on the move exploring!
Maggie dog is never far from us......
Yesterday I was talking my friend Kasey whose little girl is the same age as Mary Stewart and pretty much her body double, about how fun and enjoyable this age it.
I just want to savor the sweetness of it......

No comments:
Post a Comment