Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Birthday

We have another birthday on our calendar! May 31, 2011 we will be meeting the newest addition to our family, Anna Caroline. I was thrilled today when my doctor put my on the calendar to be induced. It seems in the business of life I really haven't blogged about this pregnancy or the excitement we have for another little girl. Mary Stewart and Anna Caroline will be 20 months, almost to the day apart. Yes I know our life will be crazy. Yes I have two cribs in my house. No my child isn't potty trained. No I haven't taken her pi (paci) away from her. And yes I will have two girls with two double names. The best part, I am not worried. I know the Lord will meet us where we are and help us get through the days. After all his mercies are new each morning!
We have moved Mary Stewart into her "big girl" room. Matthew is building my window cornices next weekend and then I'll post pictures. I am thrilled that one day She and Anna Caroline will share a room! I kept my nursery the same and have been tweaking it for a new baby to be in there again.
As many of you know I have prayed for a sense of "community" here in Marietta. The Lord has been ever so faithful to bring me friends who are in similar stages of life. It is so nice to know a handful of people with little ones, many with or expecting their 2nd as well, in just a few mile radius of our house.
Expecting a 2nd and another girl at that, I wasn't expecting a shower! I was so surprised when some sweet ladies in my bible study held one for me. What a sweet blessing! Anna Caroline received some really sweet gifts. More than anything, it was again God showing me, he is meeting me where I am and so abundantly with friends and relationships!
Here are a few pictures, thanks to Kasey my wonderful photographer!



Farin, Melissa, Me & LeAnn



Everything was beautiful & so delicous!


All of Anna Caroline's "loot"!

Hard to believe we will be meeting Anna Caroline in 5 short weeks! Please join us as we pray for protection over this baby as well as a safe delivery!

4 comments:

  1. Many prayers heading you & Anna Caroline's way! Love, The Brookshers

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great post! thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life :-) the shower looked beautiful and so do you! you're hair is VERY short...you didn't tell me about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your calm spirit! wish i could have been there to celebrate with you. you are a wonderful mother, ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to hear what is going on with yall. And you are right He will meet you there every morning. Much love, the Camp Girls

    ReplyDelete