This is my confession. I was out of control. Now wait a minute! Before you start picturing me dancing on top of the table, it's not that kind of out of control (& those of you who know me well, know I don't need any liquid courage to brave the table top!). I was out of control with my spending! I don't have a great new pair of flats or even a new piece of jewlry to show for. Mary Stewart wasn't the beneficiary of the crazy spending. As Mr. Monk used to say, "Here's what happend....."
I over spent on grocery's! How? I coupon right? I confess, I got caught up in the "weekly deals!". If you have been reading my blogs, I have warned you about this. Before couponing I probably went to the grocery store 3 times a month. The fun and games of couponing is maximizing the weekly deal and making the most of your buck. For some reason this month every week I over spent, even though I was using my coupons.
I asked Matthew to show me some grace, as this is the first time I can really recall going over my grocery budget in 5 years (how bad you ask? well it was almost double my monthly budget!).
Going forward I have a new plan for October! I took my budget and divided it by 4 (each week of the month). Hopefully this will help me keep my goal in mind weekly, and also make me really prioritize what we need!
I don't mean to discourage any of you with your coupons and weekly deals, just to warn you it can happen to the best of us =)
Time to go look at the weekly deals at Publix & CVS.....
gasp!!! how could this be? call me so we can talk about the weekend. can't wait to hear about the p-a-r-t-y!
ReplyDelete