About this time a year ago, Mary Stewart had been with us for about 2 hours, we were getting moved to the postpartum wing at Piedmont and finally I was going to be able to eat!!
Oh my, that seems like yesterday, really it does.
Words can't describe the joy of motherhood. For me Mary Stewart has been another example of Christ faithfulness to Matthew and I. With every smile and giggle and Mary Stewart's evolving personality, I am constantly in awe that the Lord would choose to bless me so immensely.
I can only hope that time will slow down so that we can savor every day with this sweet child.
11 months was good to you, here is a glimpse:
-You cut another tooth! You have a total of 6.... this last tooth was a mean one....
-Back to 2 naps. We tried 1. What can I say, your not a great napper.
-You love cow's milk! I am thankful we haven't had any problems transitioning to cow's milk, but then again you will eat or drink anything!
-We are slowly giving up the bottle, and again you have been wonderful! You don't even seem to notice.
-You aren't walking yet but are so close. You will stand and balance at times and are quite confident walking as long as you have 1 hand on something.
- What a daddy's girl you are becoming. It is so sweet to see how you two adore one another.
You will stand at the back door looking out and calling, "da da" all afternoon long!
So how do you celebrate a 1 years old birthday? Well, I have anxiously waited all week for Mary Stewart's birthday. Matthew and I were up early this morning reminiscing this day last year. It was such sweet memories. Mary Stewart's day looked about the same except for a few things.

This morning she opened a present from Matthew and I as she enjoyed her bottle. Then at breakfast she had her birthday balloon on her highchair (this is a birthday tradition in Matthew's family) and sprinkles in her yogurt!!!

She got a new pink special sippy cup for today! Matthew came and met us for lunch and when the owner found out it was Mary Stewart's birthday, he went 2 doors down and got her a pink cupcake!

Mary Stewart LOVED her cupcake. This afternoon she was showered with love and gifts from her Dee Dee, Papa, Uncle Nat and Ya Ya.
I am thankful for such a wonderful day!
We look forward to celebrating Saturday with her official birthday party.
Happy Birthday Mary Stewart! I love you!


what a GREAT birthday!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! The first birthday, I totally believe, is celebrating YOU!! Yes they have been with you for a full year of life... but what that really means is that you survived!! Big Big deal. By the way, John Paul didn't walk til somewhere between 12 and 13 months. A light switch will come on and then they're off...forever!
ReplyDelete