Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Birthday Party


On Saturday, October 2nd we celebrated Mary Stewart's birthday with a party of course! I could write this fabulous blog on how wonderful everything was, how precious Mary Stewart was, how delightful her guest were and how thankful we were to have so many of our family but we know what your really interested in is the pictures! So I'll let the pictures do the talking.....

Why the tears? Well the first go round, I put the cake with the burning candle to close to Mary Stewart trying to get a family photo and she burned her hand! It took everything for me not to cry with her!!!

Once she tasted the cake, she was all better!

and Mary Stewart ate and she ate and she ate her cake!!
I hate that you can't see her absolutely precious birthday bib Ms. Cathy (the other Ashley Donald's mom) had personalized for her. So sweet.

Oh, and lets not forget ice cream!
(I must say her daddy captured some great shots!)

I didn't intentionally plan the icing matching her special birthday dress, but it is a nice touch!

Mary Stewart was showered with presents!
Notice her sweet dress that Dee Dee smocked for her!

I felt so blessed to have my family here to celebrate!

There's only 1 Hattie!!

Some kids never grow up!

Matthew & Mary Stewart with Dee Dee & Papa

I have to thank Claire Strebeck for the super cute invitations & cakes on the corner for her adorable birthday cakes. Sadly I didn't get a good pic of the cakes on my camera so visit their blog to catch a glimpse (& they are doing a give away this week!!!)

I am thankful for such a sweet birthday celebration and weekend for Mary Stewart. The Lord once again was so faithful to answer my prayers!


2 comments:

  1. mary stewart looked so so sweet! i love all the outdoor pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary Stewart! She's such a cutie pie!! Can't believe she is 1 already.

    Love, Fleur

    ReplyDelete