Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back In The Saddle

About a week a go it hit me, I think I might be back in the Saddle.


After coming off the summer of losing my father and all that encompasses that, I felt like July was a fog.  August came and I started cooking, going to the grocery store, getting back slowly into the routine of life- or at least the motions..  Now don't get me wrong- there are still nights I can't sleep, days where the lump won't get out of my throat, & I tear up at the faintest thought, but the other day I felt like I had a little bit of a break through.
I offered to keep my dear friend Emily's kids while she ran some last minute errands before their trip to the beach. I picked up my camera (something I hadn't done since May for Anna Caroline's birthday) and took pictures.


Mary Stewart adores Durham.  We are thankful to have such a handy friend to help us fix our car!




I can't quite describe it, but as I watched our children enjoy each other I felt like for the first time in a while I was back in the saddle.  Just a normal Friday morning.  Enjoying cute kids playing together, picking up around my house, making a picnic lunch- nothing extraordinary, just normal Donald living.  Thankful that though I'm never really "in the saddle"- meaning I never have it totally all together, thankful to feel kinda like I am.


Some days Anna Caroline spends lots of time snacking, as it is the ONLY place I can contain her besides her bed!!!


I tried desperately to get a picture of the "Caroline's" but as you can see mine would have nothing of it. These girls are about 6 months apart, but in about another year, that will seem like no time at all!

Speaking of the saddle- Preschool started this week.  I better get my saddle ready, because I have a feeling this horse is about to take off.........


Know the song from the 80's- wild wild west something or other, the line that comes to my mind is "love her wild wild hair"


1 comment:

  1. From what I hear, these small steps are huge in the healing process. So glad that you felt these moments important enough to post.

    ReplyDelete