Monday, April 26, 2010

Going to the Chapel......


In August Brian (aka uncle b) and Rachel will be going to the chapel! We are delighted to have her join our family. This past weekend we celebrated their engagement with an announcement party in Tupelo, Mississippi. But before I spill on the wonderful party, here's a little background.........
Brian and Rachel met about a year and half ago when Brian was a counselor at Camp Alpine and Rachel a counselor at Camp Desoto. Some mutual friends set them up on a date and well the rest is history.....
When I first met Rachel I was immediately sold! Someone once described her as a "mini you" referring to me, so naturally I love her! I love Rachel for many reasons but particularly because she loves and adores Mary Stewart and the fact that she can roll her eyes at Matthew when he is picking on her and even better she fights back!
Rachel grew up in Tupelo, MS and is a senior at Ole Miss (doesn't God have a great sense of humor... Mr. LSU marrying Ms. Ole Miss). Brian proposed in January and they have set the date for August 14, 2010.
So on to the party.......
When the party was scheduled for this past weekend, it was perfect for so many reasons. First the LSU/Ole MIss baseball series was going on in Oxford and it was Double Decker weekend. The weather put a kink in many of those plans but God was kind to have the rain stop and the sun shine for the party Saturday night. Rachel's family friends hosted a wonderful party. It was so fun because most of Brian's groomsmen were able to come! We had a great "Louisiana" group. I have so enjoyed getting to know some of Rachel's sweet friends and her family. We (especially Mary Stewart who loves getting showered with gifts from nathan and ashley) were excited to see Matt's brother Nathan and his wife Ashley (yes two ashley donald's in the same family ). They recently moved to Texas and with us in Georgia our visits are few and far between! It's always so fun to have all of the siblings together!
We are thankful for such a beautiful weekend .....

The Family
Ashley, Nathan, Brian, Rachel, Randi, Matthew, Me!
Matthew & I
Mr. Vic, Rachel, Brian, Ms. Diana
Matthew, Todd, Eric, Elliott

The Baton Rouge Gang
Matthew, Me, Holly & Elliott

Ms. Diana, Ashley, Randi, Kim, Holly & Me

Congratulations Brian & Rachel, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment