Sunday, July 8, 2012

Have to Laugh.........

A month ago I would have told you the worst week of my life was the the last week in January of my sophomore year of college.  Within a span of 3 days my boyfriend broke up with me, my grandmother died, I realized I had been going to geology instead of geography for the past 3 weeks and I caught the flu (despite having had the flu shot).  Just have to laugh right......

As most of you know I have spent the last 3 weeks in Baton Rouge.  My sweet sister beautifully documented our journey with our dad through his car accident and then his passing.  You can read about it here.

I am thankful that the Lord gave me the sprit of peace or might I say the spirit of laughter.  Despite the emotionally and physically exhausting journey we had been on, I thought I'd give you all something to laugh about.

We were in Baton Rouge for 21 days!  Ready?

 On day 4 it was confirmed Anna Caroline had chicken pox.  She had received the vaccine 2 weeks earlier and the live virus decided to pop itself out.  Luckily it was a mild case.  Sadly the girls both had to be quarantined from other children.  This was super sad because my sweet friend Suzanne came in from Shreveport to spend that 2nd weekend with us.  Her 2 boys are very close in age to my 2 girls.  So so sad to be in the same city, yet not be together.

Day 5 my iPhone falls out of the car and shatters.  It still works but as Mary Stewart says, "Mommy your phone so scratchy".

Somewhere around Day 13 or 14 I RAN OVER Matthew's iPad and his work computer with our car.  I am accepting responsibility though there is speculation on whether or not he set his bag in a less than ideal spot (passenger tire).

Day 17 is the day we buried my father.  The sweet family I nannied for in college kept the girls for us.  Mary Stewart plowed into the coffee table and required 6 stitches!!!! We were so fortunate that Robert & Louisa were able to take Mary Stewart to see a dear Dr. friend of my sister who just stitched her up in the office!  Mary Stewart, they say, was so tough, never asked for me (i'm not surprised) and was happy as long as she had "purple lollipops".

Day 18 a weird stomach virus attacks me as Suzanne predicted.  I'll spare all of you the details but it was a long 3 days.

Throw in there 3 cavities being filled too!

Just have to laugh right..........

another post is coming, one that will try to capture the love and care I felt from so many of you both near and far.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we get to be united with Jesus in His resurrection. And sometimes we are reminded that there is no resurrection without the cross. Sometime it's weeks worth of such crosses. What a post, Ashley. I love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley!!! Yes, sometimes you do just have to laugh. Your post reminds me of something I read not too long ago. The lady who authors all the Mitford books has written a cookbook (and you know how much I love cookbooks) and in the margins of each page she shares a personal thought or story. On one of the pages she comments that we are the closest to our Savior when we are in the deep, deep valleys of life. And I know beyond any doubt, that your Savior was right there with you each step of each day in the deep valley you just experienced. Oh -- and you came out still able to laugh -- there is His grace and mercy that He continually pours over you. You are an amazing young woman and I am so proud to know you!
    Love,
    Miss Kim

    ReplyDelete