Monday, March 7, 2011

Fab Four


I could blog for days on my sweet friends from college. We were given the name, Fab 4 and totally embraced it. The Lord was sweet to bring us together and keep us so close through the years. Our times since then have been hit or miss. Suzanne is in Shreveport with Alex (who was Matthew's roommate & we both started dating at the same time, fun story). They have Perry who is 3 weeks younger than Mary Stewart.


There is Lee & Brad with sweet baby James in Baton Rouge (Brad was my prom date junior year, just fun trivia for you). James is 8 months & precious.


Katharine (whom I have known since I was probably 5, we grew up just miles apart), Phelps & Ella (14 months) live in Charlotte, NC (we think Ella & Mary Stewart would make great freshman roomates at LSU!).


After several emails and lots of spontinatiy, the fab 4 and the babies reunited over winter break. Matthew's parents graciously let us use Camp D & it was perfect. Matthew kept asking what we were going to do? Were we going to get bored? I reminded him that we girls love to sit in our pj's, and talk and talk and talk all day long. In my mind it was perfect. The children played.


We talked and talked and ate and ate!
I was curious to see how things would go. I mean it has been 5 plus years and we in many ways are different people than we were then. It seemed as though time had stood still. Our time together was sweet, natural, refreshing and I was reminded we really haven't changed, are personalities are still the same.
Since the 8 of us never got out of the house at the same time, our picture opportunities were limited. We managed to get 1 picture of all of us, in our pj's none the less!


Thank you girls for the effort you made to get to North Georgia. Papa & Dee Dee thank you for the blessing that your home is!

(Mary Stewart says come back soon!)
I pray it's not another 5 years until we are together!






3 comments:

  1. such a sweet blessing that you all could spend a weekend together! Love you all! Amy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am just now reading this...but it truly brought a tear to my eye! I love you girls SO much! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete