Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowmageddon!



Well if you have watched any news lately you know Atlanta is under a blanket of snow & ice! I would not want to EVER live anywhere, where snow and ice are a common occurrence, but will take the excitement a few times a year.
On Sunday Mary Stewart & I decided to stay in North Georgia with Matthew's parents to increase our chances of a definite snow in! In anticipation of snow on Sunday I searched for "snow gear" for Mary Stewart: pants, boots, mittens. I had no such luck. It seems toddler snow gear is a rare commodity.
We woke Monday morning to no less than 6 inches of fluffy white powder! Mary Stewart LOVED being pulled on her sled by PaPa. Each time I tried to take her off, she cried! She would cry out "Weeee!" every time the sled took off! If her sled was stopped for a moment for a photo opportunity or for us grownups to catch our breaths, Mary Stewart would bounce up and down as if to say, let's geaux!!!

Mary Stewart with her "chaufers" Dee Dee & Papa!



I'm not sure who loved the snow more Mary Stewart or Maggie?



It was so fun to watch Maggie romp through the snow! She snoozed by the fire for the rest of the day!
Today is day 2 of being snowed in, and it looks like it may be all week! Good thing we are well stocked on firewood, popcorn, hot chocolate, movies and books!




Stay warm!!






No comments:

Post a Comment