Friday, December 10, 2010

Annie




Last week we lost a part of our family. We had to put Matthew's dog of 8 years to sleep.
Annie was our "yellow dog." She was Heathcliff, when my father in love affectionately referred to the pair (Annie & Maggie) as Gertude & Heathcliff. It seemed as though when she wagged her tail, her whole body wagged. She was a lover of babies. By babies I mean the stuffed animals she carried in her mouth. My mother in love always called Annie an egg sucking dog. I never really understood what that totally meant but I think it has something to do with her sneaky ways. She was a thief, especially when it came to treats! Annie had such a cute personality.



We will miss her. Maggie had never known a day without Annie until Wednesday. There is a sadness in Maggie's eyes, but I do think she is liking her new life as an indoor dog.



There will never be another Annie......



1 comment:

  1. i have tears :-( hope y'all have a good week...let's talk again soon!

    ReplyDelete